Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st Gold Nugget, Arizona, X-Terra 705

botlmole

Hi, took a break from the beach hunting and went inland to the State of Arizona this weekend, met up with a real nice group of people and spent 2 days working the desert with my X-Terra 705 with the DD 5" x 10" Elliptical Coil. I found this lone nugget in an old dry washer diggings , it was down around 1 1/2" on the bottom of the hole, it rang out loud and solid. This nugget is 2.4 grams and the first ever gold nugget I have found, it was Awesome. Saw a Horny Toad too, I consider the little spiny guy a Treasure worthy of mention, haven't seen one since I was a kid. Rick

Nice find...Congrats ! I have a sample from my nephew about 1/3 that size I have been practicing for the next time I visit California !

HH
Kim

Nice

Congratulations. That is truly a treasure, but no picture of the horny toad? LOL. This could set off another gold rush you know!

Yes, I thought so too, until I rubbed on it, also the weight, I could tell it was not just a rock, I have been told that if I take some white vinegar and some salt and put it in there and shake it up all the soil residue will come off and it will shine. I am leaving it the way it is so friends I show it to can see native gold as it comes out of the ground in the desert.

I had it in Prospecting Mode, Auto Noise, Auto Ground Balance with the Tracking on, Sensitivity was at 20 and the Iron Bar at 3. A guy named "Bunk" showed me that I would be able to pinpoint it a little easier if I clicked out of the Tracking, locate the target, then click back to Tracking and keep going. I am sore today I walked a lot of miles out there, it was Awesome!!

That Toad was a Fast Little Rascal, I Tried to catch it, Noooo Wayyyyyy, I am Too Fat I am Afraid. Glad I didn't see any Snakes, I was wearing my Snake Guards though.

Very Cool
2.4 is respectable size too
congrats