Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st GOLD !!! 22K

Q

Greetings to all,

On a personal note I would like to express my sincere thank you to everyone for all the great information they have contributed to this site. It has truly expanded my knowledge and understanding of this great hobby by leaps and bounds. I look forward to being able to add my personal observations, experiences, finds and frustrations with you all.

I have been metal detecting for about 14 months, and ghosting this forum for about 9. I upgraded to a Safari from a BH 505 and have recovered enough clad to pay for my machine along with accessories in the 14 months I have been swinging n diggin.

Now on to the good stuff! I told myself I would hold back from joining the forum until I struck gold. Today I had a bit of time after work before the wife got home so I headed off to the neighborhood park I hunt when I do not have much time and just want to practice. Having been there several times before I expected the usual mix of pull tabs and couple to bucks in clad. I setup for all metal with conductive tones using the stock coil. Starting at the sand box I worked my way up to the basketball court which is so full of trash it becomes quite challenging in short order. After about seven pull tags ranging from 15 to 23 I hit a solid 20 id with a low tone and a depth reading of 5 to 6 inches down. I decided to dig, at six inches I finally caught a glimpse of color.

[attachment 162203 crop1.jpg][attachment 162204 crop2.jpg]

All caked in crusty mud the dragon looked like a big S, I looked for a karat mark but could only make out the numbers 916. Having found my share of junk jewelry I figured it was just that, still it was so shinny and bright. I was out of time and had to go. Curious I looked up gold jewelery markings to see if I could match 916. What I found out was that 916 is the European numerical marking for gold this is equal to 91.6% pure gold content or 22k.

I was planning on mowing the lawn tomorrow, Nah just kidding I'm heading to the beach Safari in hand.

Good Hunting!

Great Find. You never know what you will find but if that coil goes across it you've got it if you dig it. Congratulations again and good luck on the beach. HH:minelab:

Wow! I'm very happy for you! That's enough to keep you
hooked on the hobby for life.

I have not used all metal mode yet but I will try that. I did everything anyway
and I'm hoping for gold soon!

Thanks again for sharing!!

Still looking for my forst gold but I hope it's like yours.Wow.Love that shine. I guess it's like they say. DIG IT ALL.Congrats.