Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st find with new safari

TNHunter

Took out my new minelab for first time in my mothers front yard. Sg my first signal and was 194? Wheatie!,,, then next target was modern bullet. Hope to continue but the machine is going to take some time to get used to.

Took out my new minelab for first time in my mothers front yard. Sg my first signal and was 194? Wheatie!,,, then next target was modern bullet. Hope to continue but the machine is going to take some time to get used to.

Allright! You are no longer a Safari Treasure Hunter, you are a Safari Treasure Finder.

Be sure and keep that 1st find; you may want to show the grandkids where it all started one day. (my first find was a zinc)

(do you mean the signal was a 19?)

No signal was 34-35 but only could read date as 19--. It turned out to be 1924. On one of your replies on another person you suggested 36'37'38' & 39 for coins and silver. What about 40?
Paul

Paul, as a general rule, those specific settings may work for you and KinTN in TN, but it varies depending where you live and ground conditions where you hunt. When reading through this forum some users notch out 40, while a few don't and they've recovered occasional silver coins. I live down the Jersey shore and have never dug a good find at 40 ...most targets were bits of sheet metal and aluminum. In low density setting,the tid tends to be more accurate (with slight depth improvement) than high density which uses a different algorithm (so the manual states). From my digs, IH cents in low density read 32-33,while in high density they read 32-34. Try search function on this forum for tid settings and there should loads of feedback from users reporting what numbers both silver and clad coins along with other relics were found at various settings.Hope this helps.

I occasionally hunt 40 in cleaner areas but also have never found any keepers there; same kinds of finds at 40 as kschae4. He is also right about ground conditions varying. When I start a hunt I always open 'er up and dig every target to see what the ground conditions are tell me. I'll also do that if I get into a dry spell during a hunt. The 36-39 thing is a beginner suggestion to get folks started without digging a lot of trash. Its important that folks new to the Safari dont get (too) frustrated while they learn their machine.

40 is usually junk for me too but there are some posts where digging 40 have yielded good finds. When in doubt, dig it out.