Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st day with my new V3

Aaron

Just got my V3 last night and got to go out for a little bit before and after work. I found the detector even better than expected. I was really worried I had made a bad decision with all the people that have had problems on the forum. I had read some of the on line manuel and watched the DVD on YouTube. I have had many dectors over the past 22 years and I have to say I have never been so impressed with any other machine on the 1st day. Everything runs really smooth, dont get me wrong theres alot going on that I dont understand but I still havent finished the manuel. I used the preset coinshooting program and turned the gain down to 6 and turned the volume up alittle set the tones on and that was it. I had about 45 mins in the morning, dug a bunch of pulltabs 2 pennies, 2 dimes and then I was like man I got to get goin into work all a sudden I get this really sweet hi-tone I look on the meter and it says quarter at 5 inches, I was like cool! Dug the plug and my pinpointer said it was in the plug so I broke it open and there sticking out of the edge was the sweet glint of silver! A 1948 Washington! Well time to go to work! And that is in a heavily hunted very old park. After work I went back to the same park and found 3 more quarters, 2 dimes, 2 nickles,10 pennies a Chuckie Cheese token and a brass key chain from a 1995 tennis tournament in New York. I love this detector already. Another thing I really like is the Garrett pro pinpointer I got with it. This thing I swear works at least 2-3 inches, I like it even better than the Sun Ray on my CZ-70, which doesnt seem to go as deep, and isnt as convient to use, in my opinion. Sorry theres no pics I wasnt able to get them to load.
Thanks for all the help so far!
Aaron

:) SILVER on the first run ;-) WTG

Jerry

That's great, Aaron! Wow! I can't wait to get my new V3 from White's - should be delivered today... :)

Nugget

I like your attitude Aaron. You take out the new machine, with "a lot going on that you don't understand" and see possibility rather than frustration.

Congrats on the machine. You're going to love it.

Thanks alot guys I appreciate the comendation!
I took the V3 to my grandmothers house today, she used to have these huge bushes in front of the porch that were recently tore out. I figured it was a great place for some coins because I was never able to get a coil under them before. Anyway as soon as I got the detector going it would not stop making noise, even with the coil in the air. I had to lower the gain all the way to one just to get it to shut up, and still it was falsing really bad. I just had to leave and go to my favorite park. I still have to finish reading the instructions so I'm not about to complain about the machine, I still think this this is the best detector I've ever had.
HH, Aaron

Some things to try - I probably will miss some, but here's some anyway:
1) Switch to a band pass filter as the band pass filters will filter out more noise than the high pass filters
2) Try different frequency offsets
3) Try the various single frequencies
4) Lower disc sens
5) Try correlate mode rather than best data (if in 3 frequency mode).

Not in any particular order - just things to try and see what works for you.

Hi Aaron:

I'd be reluctant to check anyplace off as somewhere you "won't be able to detect with the V3" All of the things Anne mentions can really have an effect after you get used to adjusting them and the adjustments are pretty easy to make, thanks to the easy-to-use window/menu system. Also, the weather and time of day can make a difference. If its super humid or you're dealing with wet/damp grass because of rain or dew it seems like the EMI can be worse.

Finally, don't give up on an area just because you think your machine isn't going to be able to work if you have to turn the gain way down. You can adjust the gain to a very low number and do an air test and see that you can still do some great hunting, even if the number is low.

Have fun and congrats on your silver find...and on having a grandmother who doesn't mind you digging in the yard!

Tater

A small loop is another option. The 5.3 is great and indespensible. Took it out last night, didn't find much but the iron/target separation was excellent and did pull a tiny beaver tail (tail only) from 7".

The thing with EMI is that it can vary as much as any target or ground condition. (Different tweaks for different types of EMI) Some of the adjustments work for most and some can be specialized a bit. Wet power lines and dog fences can be toughest. Smaller loop has always helped me first (I seem to go to that quick because am still getting very decent depth and it has always worked in tough spots.) , turning down sensitivities second, frequency offset and single freq. third. I have just started playing with correlate heavily but... for heavy iron, and not had it going to combat EMI. Correlate is great at cutting to the chase and knocking down dissimmilar responses so bet it will help for sure (as EMI is such a wide varying signal range.)

The only type of EMI I haven't had to deal with yet is dog fences. Had great luck in taming the others so far at least.

It turns out that my V3 has to got to go back to Kelly Co. I talked to Todd Marshall at Whites and he suggested a couple things that didnt work and he told me he hasnt seen this before and theres something definately wrong. I really love this detector too. It just will not stop making noises whether the coil is in the air or down. It worked great 1st day out Wednesday, then when I turned it on yesterday it went bonkers. Kelly Co. is being really cool at least, they are emailing me a UPS label but not till Monday cause their computers are down so it wont go out till Tuesday, so I probably wont get the replacement for a week and a half. Figures, we have really nice weather this weekend up in Michigan and not much left of that. At least I still have my CZ-70, which is a good machine but compared to the V3 its like going from a Lamborgini to a Mustang.

Got my V3 yesterday and it just went plain nuts with the coil in the air, sounded like a kid playing some kind of video game. After trying to use it for a while, I played with sensitivity settings and lowered settings to hush it, works great now but I need to bury some samples to check how well it detects at depth. In my yard I'm detecting stuff deeper than I'm willing to dig though. Further testing and tinkering to come this weekend.

RogerN