Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st Big silver of 2020!!!!

Mark kus

I went back to the old school where I found a Kennedy half and a silver quarter last weekend ground is perfect for detecting wet but not to wet.
I went straight back to the front and worked the sidewalk area found a few pennies and then a nice one way high tone but sounded like iron to but I dug it and it was literally just under the sidewalk a few feet away from where I found a silver quarter!
I saw a silver edge and I thought another quarter great!!!
To my surprise it was a walker well that made this quick hour hunt worth it!
Starting off this year with big silver is great!
What surprises me is the lack of silver dimes zilch!
This school was all fenced off for awhile and I was always wondering if I’d ever be able to detect it.
I was in field 2 recovery 4 sensitivity 20 iron 0 ..
HH
Mark

n/t

Nice find!!!
That is big silver indeed!!
I’ve only found two of them and both on the same day.
Still looking for the next one..... they sure look good in the hole too!

Those funny little squeaks needs to be paid attention to. I dug 3 last week and all had a big non ferrous relic hiding out. Some big and some small.
Congrats on the big silver, Walkers are beautiful.
HH Jeff

Congrats on that beautiful Walker Mkus !!!!!

I dug my first about 6 months ago. Nice and shiny in near perfect condition.

It amazes me how those don't get snatched up at the time they hit the ground.

Thanks guys on average I dig about 6-7 silver halves a year but lots of times in these areas that are hit hard I dig any questionable sounding hit it pays off!
Mark

Great find Mark!

You always seem to be able to get over silver!

I haven't found a Walker in a couple of years. Got a couple of Franklins last year though.

Keep it up.

Hardy

Thanks tenspeed and Steve I still want to find a silver Kennedy half I find the clad ones though.:
Mark

Mkus said:
Thanks tenspeed and Steve I still want to find a silver Kennedy half I find the clad ones though.:
Mark

A silver Kennedy half is still on my list too (along with a Barber and a seated and a capped bust...). I have found plenty of Walkers and Franklin's and clad Kennedy's, but never a silver one.