Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st 2 hour hunt w/new etrac

drwhou02

Hi, just wanted to give my first impressions of the Etrac for those interested. I have no connection with any web sites or books or vendors so it is as honest and unjaded as it can come. I have owned a Excalibur,EX11.EXse.. The Etrac is in MHO probably going to be their best gold jewelery producing machine. this machine has ability to lock a hard target id and audio signal from the nickel range down. I found a small chain silver .925 earring that fell just below the nickel spot that I would have otherwise missed with previous models. So you Wood chip surfers this might be your hot ticket. I was getting small grunts more so then with the past machines I just didn't know exactly how how to open up the discrim and tweak the sens in all of the excitement of having to get out and try this before it became dark for the maiden voyage. I cant say I was getting much depth with the factory settings in my Oregon soil maybe 4-5 in.
BUT any good minelaber knows lower disc and liberal sens = depth. Time to take off the training wheels:>) I also bought the ANDY SABISCH book Explorer and E Trac handbook. A MUST READ!!!!!! This book couldn't have come at a better time. Thanx for the wonderful insightfull tip filled Treasure tech manual!!!!!
This new machine is different for reasons that are too our benefit. The people who fail to see and understand this are like the same people who refused to quit using bias ply tires and switch to radials. Now when I read about the whining posts of how this has changed and how this part isn't the same over the previous models it makes sense they are judging what they don't understand and the people are becoming outdated lol so to speak. CHANGE CAN BE GOOD! :>) I will close on a few more thoughts..I really like the Audio,feel of the detector with the new coil and more solid VDI/cross hairs.
Maybe if i get some free time today I can open this machine up and see what will happen.
I know MINLAB reads these forums and I appreciate that!!! Would love to have the ETRAC in a underwater version. Why are the underwater units so slow to have current Technology.? I would pay more if need be for this line to measure up to current standards.

Thanx!

Vern

Thought id do a little follow up today to my previous post. I was able to open up the disc and the sens. There is a definate learning curve here though trying to navigate the machine and figure out what is on and off while detecting. I know what i want and need just not sure how to make it all happen yet etc.
The hardest part about learning any minelab is finding enough places to Learn what the machine is telling you especially on deep stuff. I spent some hours working a beat up park near home trying to focus on deep stuff but maybe I am trying to run before i can walk ;>) I did mannage a good sized old rusted buck knife burried about 6 in . In a place that has been beat to death with a ugly stick it is so clean of good deep targets so I didnt expect a miracle just yet ;>) Just wasnt sure and had to try there first. I eas able to gain access to a 1890s site today so this weekend Ill scan the grounds first with the exII to see what is there and then try to learn the Etrac there.

Vern