Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1944 Australian Penny

Hey Mike, that's a pretty old coin to come off a beach !

I'm going to concentrate on getting some of those older silver and copper coins from our bay beaches this year with my new Coiltek WOT...
I also have a Sunray X12 that hasn't been used yet, I will be doing some tests on the Wot and X12 to see which is the better coil.

I'll probably keep the better one, and sell the other ~ if there's not a great deal of difference between them.

But I intend to use bigger coils on the beaches, and concentrate mainly on signals in the top RH corner of the smart find screen,
at the same time noting depths ~ and I'll only be concentrating on digging 9" plus targets.....

That's the plan anyway.

BUT ~ I don't see me walking past too many targets landing on the gold/tab zone though...
I'll have to check at least a few out...
Hello6.gif

You can bet if I dig too many of these tab/gold readings, and come up with heaps of tabs...
I'll go back to the original plan, and concentrate on old silvers and coppers !

Hi Mike.
Re. "Why only 9" plus targets?" ~ I feel that there is older stuff down beyond the capability of standard 8" - 10" coils...

I see that your penny was only 5" deep, ~ not deep at all for a coin that goes back so far !

A few questions Mike...

Why would a 63 year old coin be so shallow ?

Maybe sands re-deposited, or thrown up by heavy seas ?

Was there a deep cut at the beach Mike ?

Heh heh ~ So many questions Grasshopper !

I don't know if there were Silver Coins Down Under in that Time Frame, but if there was, then you may have a good chance in finding some. If there wasn't any Silver Issued, at least you have a New Spot to search for Older Australian Coins and Jewelery. Of course, if that is where you are located at! Good Luck and HH to you. :detecting:

Hit the same site again late yesterday with the SE and the Excalibur, just as I got to the beach I realised that I had left the SE head phones at home. Okay I was thinking no big problem; I will just hit the water with the Excalibur when I noted that I had also left my scoop at home!! Right with a 90 minute return trip I was not heading back, so I used the SE without the headphones, and my cut off shovel. Let me tell you this was real hard, I don