Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1901 EF Barber Dime

Dug

I recently found a 1901 Barber Dime about 1 mile from my house on an old farmstead near a swamp. I've set it beside a 1902 I found a couple of months ago at my Great-Grandfather's farmstead about 350 miles from my home. The 1901 is graded EF. This illustrates that there are nice things in your own back yard (sometimes).

Thanks, MrChile, for the help.

Include the 1902 dime, a 1941 dime, an 1899 quarter, three wheaties; 1909, 1935 D, 1936D; a brooch (must have been Great-Grandma's), and a star inside circle. Does anyone know what the star is about? There are clasps on the back for fastening to something. I don't think great grandpa was a deputy.

n/t

n/t

Both of those are really neat and nice looking, the quarter is a neat find also and looks as if the places really had some neat things. I like old coins but that Brooch is the coolest find of all. Grandma had some good taste in her jewelery. Nice finds and keep us posted if you hit it again.

It is enjoyable and rewarding to find items that one's relatives lost. I never knew either of these great-grandparents, but it seems like getting to know them a little to be at the farm and find some of their things. Thanks again.

20 or so miles west of Fargo. Didn't realize we had another North Dakotan on the forum besides Rick,Staloch,Buckrod,and MJ23. So you should know that there is plenty of good hunting spots in ND then and can see why I find what I do. Good Luck and HH and glad to here from you that you use to live in good ol' ND.:thumbup:

I'd be happy with either one... :) But, the one on the left is sweet!

-Bill

Thanks, Eddie. I was having a drink with a friend at a Quiet Bar in Moscow, ID a week ago tonight, and he was talking about Poulsbo. I'd never heard of Poulsbo before, and now I've heard about twice in one week.

I've only been detecting for about 4 months. By the looks of what some find, I have a lot to learn.

Thanks again.

Doug

Kind of ironic about the town of Poulsbo coming up in your conversations. I have an old farm site that I found and got permission to detect, but I'm waiting for the guy who is developing this property to move some dirt around as the weeds are pretty high and almost impossible to swing your coil. I'm sure you have heard of Moscow Washington that is called Bluestem now? I found a trade token that came from there, but I found it about 300 miles from that town. Only four months detecting under your belt, but I'm sure you will find some neat stuff and you will love this great hobby. Best of luck and HH.

Eddie