Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

18k63 ring?

LuckySteve

Dug this beauty up yesterday it has 7 big stones and many smaller ones. I am not sure if they are diamonds yet I need to figure out if it is in fact real. The marking on the inside appears to say 18k63. Any idea what it means? Where do I go to get it looked at? I can upload more pictures if you guys want. It was about 2 inches down under grass ringing in (pun intended) at mid to high 70s. My 4th ring out of the ground this year :)

Heck of a find, for sure. If 18k, diamonds in all probability are real. Many jewelry stores will test gold and diamonds free. Some, though, don't. Good luck, it looks like a winner. HH jim tn

One nice recovery hoping its the real thing.

Sweet find! You could take it to a pawn shop to have the stones checked. We have people come in all the time just for that.

Well, the 63 would be a diamond quality mark, right? It sure looks like the real thing. If so, you just paid for your detector and probably a nice vacation, too! :drool:
Let us know what you find out!

Yeah! I was thinking what William said...could be total ct weight of diamonds! If it was "ge" instead of 63, it would stand for "gold electroplate" that sure is a beauty and well found!:clapping:
Mud

Nice find !

Count all the diamonds .... see if there are 63 of them !

WOOOOOOOO, NICE FIND. TAKE IT TO A COUPLE OF JEWELERS AND HAVE IT CHECKED. IF IT'S REAL, HAVE A RELIABLE JEWELER APPRAISE IT AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN SELL IF FOR ON EBAY, IF YOU WANT. LET US KNOW,. HH-MARK

nice!!!...mmmm...what brand of beer you have in the glass??

Thanks guys I will most likely take it to a place tomorrow :) the beer is a local brew :) I'm really excited about the ring but if it is worth a lot I may put up fliers so whoever lost it can get it back.

I don't mean to ruin your hopes, but an 18K is not likely to read that high unless that is a real lunker of a ring. i know a mans 22k does not read that high and it is alloyed with silver. I hope you read it correctly and the 6 is not really a G like in GF which means gold filled probably over copper. I guess you could look closely for any wear spots, but the gold filled is usually pretty thick and won't show through. Best of luck on this.

MikeLab said:
I don't mean to ruin your hopes, but an 18K is not likely to read that high unless that is a real lunker of a ring. i know a mans 22k does not read that high and it is alloyed with silver. I hope you read it correctly and the 6 is not really a G like in GF which means gold filled probably over copper. I guess you could look closely for any wear spots, but the gold filled is usually pretty thick and won't show through. Best of luck on this.

!!!! GOLD can read anywhere on the scale !!!!

This one came in above a quarter signal ........ it's stamped 999, I found this ring back in 2011.

I remember when you found that one BH! sure changed how I looked at gold! Let us know what the jewelers say Steve, it will be a learning experience for all of us! :beers:
Mud

Yeah, I have a 24k ring that reads high, too. A large 18K comes in down in the mid 60's below the 22k. Of course I don't know what that ring is, but I just thought he should know there is a good chance it is not solid 18k.That way he won't get a bit let-down if he finds it's not solid gold.