Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

18K Day

water logged

I went to a popular gulf coast beach yesterday morning and hunted with a used hh pulse i got for a song, there were at least 500 people at the beach. Through out the day i saw a half dozen other detectorists aimlessly wandering the sands. I was there for about 2 hours when i made the find of the day, a nice little 18k white gold keeper 5 inches down. :detecting: I also found a few bucks in clad and dug well over 200 junk targets, i dumped the garbage from the first session and there was aprox 300 holes dug all day, when holes got over 18" deep i gave up on a few targets.(my luck probably more gold ) Anyway i was using a hand scoop and that made it that much harder on the back, using the pulse the targets were a bit deeper than the 1280X but i always go without discrimination and dig it all. I took 5 seconds to watch the sunset then got back to detecting, after a 13 hour day with 3 breaks for rest and rehydration left me with about 8 solid hours of detecting and a sore back, this i considered to be a good hunt since i haven't been hunting in a year and a half and it was nice to find gold again. Also this was my first 18K ring, where i normally hunt in Michigan's U.P. i find a lot of silver, 10k, and 14k rings. Hopefully i will be able to get out again in the near future, the florida coast was a nice change from the Michigan icebox.

nice looting there
hh
john

That is a very pretty ring. Even without getting to see the stone close up, it just has that quality look to it.

Super nice!!!