Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1893 Victoria Penny

Terry

Found this recently at an old homestead site, well treed and hard to hunt. I'm having trouble identifying old rusty bottle caps which seem to be everywhere. I guess I haven't quite mastered the 3bd method with my new T2. Could somebody please advise me on what to look for to avoid these bothersome bottle caps.

It may sound stupid of me but my advice is to dig them all. I've tried the 3B setting and by no means have it mastered. I don't feel comfortable not digging a signal in the 80's. I've found good targets next to trash too many times to keep on walking. The key to me on the questionable targets in the 80's and low 90's is the iron meter or as I call it the rust meter.

Well its certainly good to know I'm not the only one. One thing I've found is that in all metal, a rusty bottle cap will be high in one direction and low in the other while a good target will read high in both directions.(usually) The problem is I like to hunt in discrimination and its time consuming to switch.