Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1880's cast iron bank found digging

Antique lover

Me and my friend went digging in a very old trash pile years ago and boy was I happy when I dug this up.I nearly knocked him down trying to grab it.HA ! HA ! It was made around 1885.The bottom and the eyes were missing, But the tongue was still there.You put a coin in his hand and push down on a small handle on the back and he puts it in his mouth.I cleaned it up the best I could and put some stove polish on it.

hi antique lover. what a cool bank you found. i wouldn't worry too much about sharpton or jackson snooping around, because it is what it is... a piece of our past. like another said, such banks are pricey and in high demand. great find, and hh.