Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1833 Capped Bust Half Dime from a civil war site.

TNreb

You never know what you will find on civil war sites. I found this on my last hunt of the year in December on a site we have been hunting. It is littered with square nails and the Equinox 800 excels in that area. We have found numerous bullets, flat buttons (no eagles yet), 1857 flying eagle, side of a powder flask and other odds and ends. On this day I got a very nice high tone and dug down about 10 inches and laying in the bottom of the hole with square nails all around it was this very nice 1833 Capped Bust half dime. Oh and did I mention that I love the Equinox.....lol.

Love those bust coins got two this past year both in unbelievable shape must have been dropped soon after minting my half dime was a 1835 dime was a 1822

TNreb, nice find and Save on the Bust Capped half dime. Very cool too that this came from a CW site.

Outstanding find!!! A half dime in deep iron infested dirt is something to be proud of. Everything I hear about the Nox is good but, it is always the person swinging the detector that makes it great. Congratulations!

TNreb, that is a beautiful Half Dime! I love that original "just dug" look. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel