Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1829 LARGE CENT FOUND

NH ANDY

I was out this weekend and found 1829 large cent.The coin was down about 10 inches,with a fairly good quarter signal,hard digging,but I found it.The coin was some what crusty.I put the coin in my change pocket in my Carhartt carpenters pants till I went home,soaked the coin over night in Olive Oil,then waited till morning and cleaned.The large cent clean up pretty well as you can see by the picture,but someone did try to punch a hole in it twice,without success.The large cent is in fairly good shape other than that.Most large cents do not clean up that well in my past finds,up here the ground eat them up.I also found a 1941 Merc.,a few Wheaties,and some relics.The old house where I detected was built around 1800.I guess I might go back again some time soon,thank for reading my post,NH ANDY.

Sweet find!!!:thumbup:

Nice cent, and you ain't kidding about some of the rotten large cents we find around here! That one is very presentable. Nice hunt.

Very nice find:beers: