Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1800’s pocket spill!!! Dime trifecta!!

Mark kus

I’ve been hunting the same hotel area and very close to the same area I found the barber half last sat and two gold rings this past summer.
I had a solid hit but not a high tone.
So I cut a plug and checked it nothing still in the hole about 6-7” down I removed a scoop and dumped it when I saw what looked like a nickel?
Well I was right a 1897 V nickel! Then I noticed it was stuck to a Indian head penny!!! Wow! 1888 as I picked it up it fell and split apart!
then I saw silver!!! Wow! A beautiful 1897 barber dime!!!
My first 1800’s spill I could not believe it well I kept detecting hoping for more well I hit a silver Rosie next 1946 a 1956 also a 1903 indian a wheat penny then a nice high tone turned out to be a 1944 Washington!
great two hour hunt as I was moving slowly in a new area I had a 26-27 another silver dime?
Yep a 1944 mercury! So I also had a dime trifecta!
Today we went back and I found one wheat some clad and a nice cuff button which say POD railway mail service on it.
Settings field 2 recovery speed 4 iron 0 ground balanced detector sensitivity 25
HH
Mark
H
75F56A59-A2EE-48D2-BFDA-908504531029.jpeg
8C76A21D-FA1A-4911-B53F-970C89366637.jpeg
D19435F5-FAD3-4A43-9E80-050D3708E678.jpeg
CA2B8AAA-ADC0-4559-B5A0-6A0824F1333E.jpeg
840FB3B0-47B5-4A0C-ABAE-B50D19E04D3B.jpeg

I bet the V Nickel was masking the other 2 when someone went over it with a higher discrimination on

I bet the V Nickel was masking the other 2 when someone went over it with a higher discrimination on
Your Exactly correct it came in as a mid tone on the nox it’s why I hunt with low to no discrimination
But by the amount of coins and gold rings I’ve found here I doubt it’s ever been detected.
Mark

Thanks Dave it never gets old seeing old coins !

Very nice .. That always seems to put a smile of our faces. Amazing how some spots just keep on yielding their hidden secrets.