Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

180 vs 550 meter???/

strobeone

I've seen two meters for the GT. One is black and one is blue and called a "digimeter". Which is which?? What is the difference? Is one better than the other??? Please help!!

The 180 meter is better I believe. Its easier to remember the numbers, what they correspond to and it jumps around a whole lot less. Some of the black meters that were 550 meters have been converted to 180, thats how mine is.

Neil

............Also SunRay use to make some 180 meters!! These are scarce/hard to find........very desirable and people do not want to get rid of it!!.................Joe

Strobe,not all Blue Minelab meters are calibrated to 180.I have used both the 180 and 550 for me the 180 is more stable and a lot easier for me to use.No matter which 180 meter you find they demand a higher price.There is a kit for a 550 meter to recalibrate if you're on a budget.I have seen some of the blue 550 meters go for around a hundred bucks.The last 550 meter I got was one on Ebay for 50 dollars a couple of seasons ago.By the way I did use a 180 meter that was converted from the old black meter and it had no ID depth so watch out for some of these do it yourself job projects.I used a Nighthawk Winburn 180 similar to the Sunray for a couple of seasons and have nothing but praise for this meter.I sold my Sovereign equipment and just put another unit together with the add ons and had one heck of a time finding a 180 meter.At this point I have a early model Avenger Winburn which because of the weather hasn't seen any field use but with a run through the coin garden and air seems fine,but the meter cover has to be removed to make any adjustments.For park hunting the meter is probably your most important accessory to add on your Sovereign.By the way you see one for sell act quick they sell fast. Good luck

I have looked everywhere for the conversion kit.can not find anywhere.any ideas?I have the black 550 meter,and it does jump a lot. thanks everyone.sam in ms.

I had the same problem last year.... I could not find any 180 mod kits for my 550 meter and finely just gave up..... and sold it on Ebay.... and just bought the recent 180 meter .... I saw a recent 180 meter on ebay last week that went for only $100 bucks ....

Good luck

Rob IN L.A