Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1776 Spanish big bucket lister!

Mark kus

Great day today back to the small beach I hit last week I was running beach 2 recovery 6 iron 1 started off with three wheats 1940 1945 1946 then a 1941 D Mercury then a dateless Buffalo
I figured there would be some older silver on this beach because of the 1883 V nickel I pulled this past week was I surprised when I had a solid 24-25 I thought another dime clad or silver I was not sure but I never thought a 1776 2 Reale!
It was only 4” down and when I first saw it I thought a king George then I saw the pillars on back and saw Carlos the III Wow! My first 2 Reale!
It’s in great shape besides the oxidation on it everything is nice and clear along with the great 1776 date!
Another coin off the list!
HH
Mark

Lots of meat on that one Mark and a Mexico mint mark!! Is that your oldest American silver? You never know what is going to pop out of the ground :shrug:
Congrats :beers:
HH Jeff

I’m sure you meant “Carolus”. “Carlos was his cousin...:) Spanish silver is a dream of dreams for 99% of people who have ever picked up a metal detector. That is one hell of a find.

Thanks everyone Yeah I was very surprised to say the least with this find ,sorry about spelling on Carolus spell check lol. I figured there would be a barber or maybe a seated on this beach but not a 2 Reale .
And the coins most of them the silver are oxidized from the saltwater but boy this one must have been lost around 1776 there’s not much wear on it ..

laplander said:
Lots of meat on that one Mark and a Mexico mint mark!! Is that your oldest American silver? You never know what is going to pop out of the ground :shrug:
Congrats :beers:
HH Jeff
Hi Jeff as far as I know it's the oldest silver I've found I did find a 1 reale the date was gone though on that coin..

Nice grab. Good for you

IDXMonster said:
Spanish silver is a dream of dreams for 99% of people who have ever picked up a metal detector. That is one hell of a find.

+1