Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1776 silver ring!!!!

Bob in SoMd

I found this well-worn man's ring with "1776" engraved on the face a while back near a known revolutionary war campsite. There appears to be some other writing on the face but I cannot make it out. Both sides appear to have crossed flags engraved.

It rang up on the MXT at 82-83 and a jeweler thought it was silver, too but I am not sure. Where does pewter ring up? No stamp or markings on the inside. Any ideas as to origin, etc are appreciated. Thanks for looking! I will post pics to "Whatzit" as well.

I can't help with the Id other than to say it looks silver to me. Check it out real well & look for any marks, I found a pocket watch back that I did not think much of until I cleaned it up a bit. The marks in it told me that it was made in 1791, in England & the town as well as the maker. Hope ya find more about it.

Definitely silver! OLD silver to boot. :thumbup: I would guess hand made and with the markings meaning something. Sure hope you can find out more about it. If so, please keep us posted. Cool find and congratulation. HH, Nancy

Neat find!!!!
BB

Great ring, congrats!

82 And 83 IS in the silver range. Looks to me
like you made a really nice find. It's historical value is
worth more than the silver.,
The katz