Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

15x12 sef (white)

buck0182

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the 15x12 white sef coil on the v3i.
Kellyco states it is v-rated, but I was under the impression that only whites coils were v-rated.
I have searched around and found a few reviews of the black version but haven't been able to find any info on the white one.
I am looking for a large coil to cover a lot of ground and hopefully pick up a little extra depth for some areas I have hunted previously with the 10" d2.
Don't get me wrong, I get good depth with the d2, its more about ground coverage for me.

I have looked for a bigfoot coil but they seem to be pretty much extinct.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, like I said I have searched for few days just have not been able to locate information for the white version and Detech's website doesn't have it listed.

Thanks

I wrote about the 10x12 white SEF. It is in my list at the top of the forum. V rated is a Whites term. The White SEF have to have a better null to work with the 22.5 kHz. My White one is a good one with a little more signal% reading then my D2 but still good enough to do RX15.

buck0182 said:
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the 15x12 white sef coil on the v3i.
Kellyco states it is v-rated, but I was under the impression that only whites coils were v-rated.
I have searched around and found a few reviews of the black version but haven't been able to find any info on the white one.
I am looking for a large coil to cover a lot of ground and hopefully pick up a little extra depth for some areas I have hunted previously with the 10" d2.
Don't get me wrong, I get good depth with the d2, its more about ground coverage for me.

I have looked for a bigfoot coil but they seem to be pretty much extinct.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, like I said I have searched for few days just have not been able to locate information for the white version and Detech's website doesn't have it listed.

Thanks

What Kelly co states and what is fact can be 2 different things.

If its not white I would not buy it.

I purchased a 15x12 and it had great depth but I could not run it like I would have wanted because of the lack of v-rating. I have a 10x12 Sef and it has great depth and coverage. If you want more depth and the area is relatively clean of non-ferous targets, get yourself the Whites super 12. I found large coins at the 12" range with this coil and have not found another that can do this reliably.

Ground coverage is really good with the White10x12. It scored me all sorts of keepers yesterday. This is in an area I hunted to death with my d2, 5.3, 4x6, and super 12. The ability to ignore or seperate iron signals is amazing.

How was the weight on the 15X12, is that something you can swing all day? I noticed that Kellyco is advertising the the 15X12 as V rated yet they also say it can be used on the DFX and MXT and M6. That is different than what they say about the 12X10, they say it is for the V3i and VX3.

Someone needs to check out the White 15X12 on the V series and see what the numbers are.

Larry (IL) said:
How was the weight on the 15X12, is that something you can swing all day? I noticed that Kellyco is advertising the the 15X12 as V rated yet they also say it can be used on the DFX and MXT and M6. That is different than what they say about the 12X10, they say it is for the V3i and VX3.

Someone needs to check out the White 15X12 on the V series and see what the numbers are.

If there is a White one than it could be v-rated. I could be the guinea pig. I can swing a super12 all day but the 15x12 needs a swingy thing.

I heard the big coil needs help swinging it and Kellyco does advertise a white 15X12 for $190.