Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1400 DD in Virginia....

Andrew in SE KS

I go relic hunting in Virginia about once a year. It seems that everytime I am there my 1400 acts up and doesn't run very well or deep. I switch back to stock coil and the MXT runs fine and deep (Deeper than in KS). Here in KS the 1400 outruns my stock by about an 1" in depth. Anybody have in ideas?

I called whites and all they could say was send in the detector to get it matched to the coil.

Send it in. Because the 1400 sees a larger area in mineralised ground the ground bal software needs to be tweaked to get the most out of it.

6x10 on my MXT, when I had it, I could not go above pre-set on the Sens, I bought it all new,when I went above pre set, it sounded like a fog horn, turned out it was a bad coil. If you could get with some one else that has a MXT and the 1400 and see how theirs worked..HH..BJ

I'm in Oklahoma near Kansas and I had a MXT before I upgraded to the DFX. I used the 1400 DD coil with my MXT a lot and never had any problems. Why it only acts up in Virginia is a mystery to me. The ground here is fairly mineralized so I doubt that's it.