Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

14"DD Coil

I've got one for my Sovereign GT. A DD Detech 14.5 inch. I find it's more stable than the WOT and just as deep. However, I've heard the Detech 14" is not very good on the Quattro. Apparently,it's not very stable.

I've got the Sunray 12.5" Stealth on my Quattro and it rocks. Pricy, but worth every penny and lighter than the stock 10" coil.

is there more singing wtih the 12.5 the the stock 10 coil?
or maybe I should say what makes it better. I am a new user,
just learning
thaks Smile

Well I run my Sunray 12" at 12 sensitivity on the beach. Now on my beach, that's as quiet as the stock 1050 coil. It will take higher sensitivity, but I find higher than that and I start getting the kind of falsing I need to keep checking and, more importantly,I don't see much of a depth gain. Seems VERY important to noise cancel PRIOR to adjusting the sensitivity. When I first started using a Quattro I used to noise cancel AFTER I had made whatever adjustments I made and that was WRONG.

Also, if you find after noise cancelling your Quattro is erratic (lots of falses) do it again. You probably noise cancelled over a very small, or very deep piece of metal.

Now you may find you can use higher sensitivity than that, depends really on your beach or beaches, they're all different I've found. Two beaches I use are about ten mile apart and one I can use higher sensitivity settings on.

I personally would recommend bumping the sensitivity up by one at a time, until you start getting false signals that are not OBVIOUS falses.

Even the Quattro's a bit of a challenge for new users, but after a few hours, all the things you learn, become second nature and you just instinctively do them without thinking.