Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1350 Question for Uncle Willy

Dirt NC

Hi Bill, The 1350 has four different operating frequencies. The manual says this is to cancel interference from another close -by detector by switching freqs. This is a great feature that I have found useful in club hunt enviroments. What i want to know is does any one freq. have an advantange over the others as in depth, mineralized ground, or at the beach. Thanks for any info you can give on this. I'm just trying to better learn this great machine.

May I add in on this one, even if I aint Bill?

The freq separation you are referring to is only in fractional steps. From 7khz tp 7.3khz, for example. This won't affect the frequency response of targets much, if at all, as their detectable responses to electromagnetic fields change as a result of LARGE frequency jumps, say 7khz to 17khz. This includes the response of mineralized matrices, too, such as salt water beaches.

(However, it should be noted that free gold (pure) and the mineralized soils it is normally associated with responds better to higher freq's, which is why most dedicated gold nugget machines operate at significantly higher frequencies than coin detectors.)

But, regardless, all detectors are really miniaturized radio frequency phase shift detectors and each emits and recieves a signal of it's own internal creation in order to do it's work. While not exactly the same, they share similarities with the radar detectors the police use to bust you as you speed off to your next hunt site.

When seen that way, it's easy to understand why two detectors can "talk" to each other if they are operating on the same frequency - just like walkie-talkies!

So, if you shift the emitted frequency slightly (and without checking I'd imagine it is by an odd number), you "re-tune" your detector's receive circuits to a new and out of phase signal (an odd harmonic), when compared to the one it was working at (and which is the same as the other detector(S) at your club hunt).

This, then, eliminates the sympathetic reaction of your detector to another which may be working at the same frequency. In turn, this eliminates the dreaded "cross talk" one experiences when two detecors are on the same frequency, in proximity to one another.

I hope this helps.

They would if they were a big jump in frequency but that isn't the case. You're only changing the frequency between two numbers by degrees - like 7.2 to 7.3 on up to 8. Now if you could change it from 7.2 to 15 to 20 then you'd have a very versatile machine. This minute change does nothing for performance except eliminate cross-talk between detectors.

Bill

thanks bill and dave. that is what i thought was going to be the case. thanks for clearing it up for me.