Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

13 Silver Day

Dan(NM)

Well......what a day, I started off this morning at 5 am to head off to a Civil war site. I found the usual relics, lead, percussion caps, but, got tired of not digging and high conductive targets. The first picture is from the Civil war site. I decided to call it a day around noon and headed home to get some things done around the house. As I drove thru town I saw a front end loader and a pile of asphalt at the old zoo. I quickly did a u-turn and drove back to see what was happening, what a beautiful site, 75% of the parking lot had been striped of the asphalt. I was informed that the parking lot was paved back in 1984 and had been a dirt parking lot going back to when the guy was a kid and he assumed before that. The timing was perfect, just as I was ready to begin hunting the guys called it a day, gotta love city workers smiley.gif I started my hunt around 2:00 and hunted until 8:00 pm.

I began finding coins within seconds of turning my machine on and hunted until I ran out of light and gas. They didn't cut all the asphalt out completely, so, I had to use my prospectors pick to chisel thru a layer of asphalt and gravel. And of course halfway thru the hunt, my pick decided to crap out on me, so I had to skip all but solid hits until I could get my pick repaired. I'll go back tomorrow after work and chase all the stuff I left behind today and there was a bunch of it

Awesome hunt take advantage of that site! I hunt old parking lots and rest areas and do real well!
HH
Mark

Mkus said:
Awesome hunt take advantage of that site! I hunt old parking lots and rest areas and do real well!
HH
Mark

Thank you, I'll hunt it until they bring in the base coat. I drive past it everyday so I can follow they're progress.

Now that is STEPPIN’ on it! Pretty incredible what’s hiding under all that pavement...

IDXMonster said:
Now that is STEPPIN’ on it! Pretty incredible what’s hiding under all that pavement...

:) I'm sure I left more than I found, I was cherry picking only solid hits....We all know it takes hours upon hours to work a spot thoroughly and methodically. I plan on working it until it's over.

laplander said:
Great hunt's Dan!! Timing is everything and a lot of luck LOL
Jeff

Thank you....it was a lot of luck. I had planned on taking the bypass around town, but, changed my mind just before taking the exit. :super:

I love me a good tear out too. A few years ago a town near my cabin did their entire downtown. Newest coin I found was 1904, pretty much tells you when concrete was first poured. I'd love to know where the dirt from old dirt roads ended up, not sure if it got dug up or paved over.

Chris

Dan, you have the answer to “they paved paradise and put in a parking lot!”.

Congratulations!

Tony NJ

Fantastic hunt congrats on the finds

Right place at the right time. :thumbup: Good luck tomorrow.

Rich -

Very nice!