Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1270 vs tesoro tejon

But since I'm already "banned for life", and I feel bad you've not had an answer yet...here goes.
Keep in mind I own the 1270 so I'm biased, but one of my hunting buddies has a Tejon & we have compared signals.
The Tejon is lighter and has a lifetime warranty like the 1270 does. But, that's where the good points end. The Fisher is built far better. Much more rugged. My pals Tejon now has ugly duct tape holding the battery door on. They all have broken. The knobs on his Tejon move very easily and he put tape on a rod that made noises and theres a gap in the faceplate. I used the 1270 in the worst iron oxide red clay ever & it did real well on all metal. His tejon struggled bad in minerailzed ground-
hope that helped?
Bill

ok but does the 1270 do good job in disc?
because here in europe you have to disc all the time.
Too many trash!

could you tell me some depth result of the 1270?
in ground not on the air and in disc!
i still dont know whats the diferent between normal and iron disc
because the iron disc only the feature of the 1270.
So basicly in average soil what depth you get for an inch dia target in disc?

He sent me a PM first asking various questions. Sorry if it looked like I was keeping things secret :) Besides, it gave me another chance to rip into the Tejon even harder :laugh:

You may want to look at the T2 it is a very fast machine and great in iron one of the best. I think you may want to find someone that has tried all three. You may want to ask Calif Paul and or Bill Ladd. You can find their posts on the T2 and fisher forums.

I love my fisher also so I am pro fisher but use the T2 for my relic hunting.

Sling simply put the iron disc allows a finer adjustment of discrimination in the iron range. It is similar to some of the XP detectors sold in Europe and the UK. With normal disc the iron range is approx 0 thru 4 on the scale, iron disc expands this to a 0-10 scale for better fine tuning. When hunting for small low conductors in heavy iron I found the range of 5 thru 6 1/2 to give good results allowing the low conductors to be heard among the iron sounds. If you are after larger non-ferrous targets, 1" like you mentioned, a setting of 8 should suffice. It all depends on the amount of iron in the area. Use the lowest disc setting you can tolerate. The 1270 is capable of signaling non-ferrous target in iron many detectors will miss but it takes time to learn the audio responses that some of these targets give. They are not always smooth beeps. Many people prefer the 1236x2 as its audio repsonse tends to be smoother in heavy iron. Learn the 1270 well and it will find many more.

Do not use the silencer when hunting in iron. The extra filtering of the silencer will cause you to miss targets.

Well you can tell this is a fisher forum!!!! I have used Fisher and Tesoro and both are great machines. I like the Fisher in some ground and the Tejon in other. I will take a Fisher in good ground but in mineralized soil It would have to be the Tejon. Cant go wrong with either! Just need to get well acquainted with the machine you buy.
Just my thoughts. I now have a Tejon and love it.
Mark