Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1270 MODIFICATION

It's probably very possible to do....I think the problem revolves around the underside trigger...
Chest or hipmounted the trigger would be getting pushed around against you all the while it seems. Maybe someone really skilled could make a 1270 stay always bodymounted, & move the trigger to the top or side of the box?? :shrug:
Not sure about that though....just tossin' wild ideas out there.
Bill

Jeff,

It only take a few minutes to remove the control box from the handle.

First remove the nuts and star washers from the coil cable connector and pinpoint switch. Next the 2 screws in the battery compartment go along with the 2 deeply recessed screws on the underside of the box on either side of the handle grip. Carefully remove the top control box half and unplug the speaker wires at the circuit board. Once you have the circuit board out you can access the bolt and 2 small screws that hold the lower box half to the handle. I used clear silicon sealant to fill in the holes left by removing the bolt and screws. Bill is right about the P/P switch... make up a guard of some sort to protect the pinpoint toggle from damage. I use a heavy canvas army pouch (canteen?) with belt clips to hold and protect the control box. Get some coils with 7' cables and you are set to go.

Tom

Thanks for the idea's guys. I love the machine, but boy does it get heavy on the arm after a couple of hours of swinging.

Thanks for all the idea's. But thought I would interject something that happened to me this morning, I called the Fisher service number-915-633-8354 at about 10:00 am this morning to speak with a service technicain also pertaining to the mod. A woman answered the phone, 1st Texas. I explained my question as stated above, she transfered me to an extension, whereupon I left my name info etc. Still haven't heard from them... 2:30 pm Eastern. I also called what turned out to be Fisher's direct number in Ca., 209-826-3294. She answered the phone as Fisher,transfered me to Jerry in service who offered some suggestions and idea's. He looked up the parts I need, called back within 15 minutes and handle.ds the situation with speed and a GREAT attitude! I asked him if he was making the changed and unfortunatly said no. Wow, what great service and so far... non from 1st Texas. He also said that 1st Texas was going to keep the 2 different lines of machines seperate, ie: cheaper "harry homeowner" vs professional grade machines.