Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1265x

Wile.E

hey all, just landed 1265x closet, like new old codger always have used groundhog garrett. Couldnt resist this one,so having to learn new machine, anybody give me any pointers ? seems to be deep goer on about anything from what ive experienced so far ,but digging everything till Ilearn it. seems to chatter alot too, is that normal? is that normal for this one?Any pointers help progress

If she's chattering drop the SEN. been useing 1265X for almost 20 or so years got it back in the eighties,a really great machine. The SEN has 2 setting use it in the highest setting to start by pulling the knob out and turning it all the way up when she starts to chatter start turning it back and if you can't stop the chatter rotate back to max and push the knob in and go back to the left till she's stable. To tell you the truth I hardly ever had to push the knob in, 1265 is a rock solid detector. Disc setting Set DISC 1 to about 5( turn DISC up to ripe out a nickel and bring it back to pick it up) Mark it, now you got gold rings, DISC 2 setting is up to you and the trash, usally go to 6-7. it will take pull-tabs, bottle caps nails out real good, can't loose screw cap.

You can also try a low 1-2 on D1 and D2 pick up nickels, low will take out small iron and some foil and leave everything from nickels on up in. Settig works great at fresh beaches.

dig the tabs if there 's not a million, alot of Gold in the 5-7 area and she find Silver no matter what try a 10 sometime no gold but coins come.

Any more help drop me a PM, just had mine redone by Fisher replaced the control housing<plastic was cracked in 3 places, replaced the earphone jack and readjusted all controls Like new.

Thanks shooter,fairly nice here in north central oklahoma today except for wind 50 mph really appreciate pointers on new to me machine from much experience users such as yourself. did go in yard yesterday first time with this detector,disc 1 on 2, disc on 4 sensitivity pulled out and about 1 third clocwise.Learned quite bit on the signal responses between jjunk such as pulltabs,bottlecaps and old tobacco tin . even at that setting and first time Ive gotten to even use machine was getting typical broken signals on most of trash, but dug anyway, due to unfamiliar with detector. pulled up 2-quarters,1 -silver,a rosie and 3 pennies ALL good solid signal and loud.very good audio! At that setting also hit tobacco tin at about 14in. definately going to have to carry larger shovel with this one.Also dug what I think is a tiny little shoe tack at approx. 8-9 in.like to never figured that out ,without pinpointer never would have.Untill I learn this machine somewhat ,think Im going to wear out a digger or two . however Iam already amazed with this machine.

A 10.5 inch coil will get you even more depth... Also, I would suggest a good set of high-quality headphones and listen for the Very faint soft-smooth-whole(unbroken signals) for the extremely deep stuff....The depth will amaze you!...I own two '65's..They'll never leave here!