Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1265x into action

Wile.E

Going to first organized hunt. A famous American wagon trail. Have never been on official organized hunt with however many other md:s.However being a wagon trail, common sense tells me mainly relics. But I dont know. Hopin you guys can fill me in A little.
Have gotten pretty salty with my 1265x and know its a real iron magnet, real deep.Sometimes deep enough that hand digging tools are useless on iron. I know there will be lots m-labs there .but think I can stand my own. Not knowing much about these competition hunts, what ya,all think? any advice greatly appreciated!

Digger 45 said:
What is a Fisher 1265x worth? Used about ten times Works like new.

Just a ball park number, I would think $275 to $350, sounds like yours would be on the high end.

Good luck if you decide to let it go,

Ron in WV

Iwould have to go with ron on that. you dont see them for sale often,not many wants to get rid of their 65:s and 66:s they are super relic detectors.Ive got lot to learn still, but know Ill keep mine indefinitely.If health or something gets bad Ill still keep and tell stories about it. However if you sell yours dont think will be too much of a chore. The best to you

Wile.E said:
Going to first organized hunt. A famous American wagon trail. Have never been on official organized hunt with however many other md:s.However being a wagon trail, common sense tells me mainly relics. But I dont know. Hopin you guys can fill me in A little.
Have gotten pretty salty with my 1265x and know its a real iron magnet, real deep.Sometimes deep enough that hand digging tools are useless on iron. I know there will be lots m-labs there .but think I can stand my own. Not knowing much about these competition hunts, what ya,all think? any advice greatly appreciated!

Wile.E just wondering if you have some 1265x operating tips, or settings that you could pass on to some of these beep and dig guys out here?

Ron in WV

Used the 1265x for 10 or more years what would you like to know.

Am pretty young at this machine although Ive become fairly effeceint with it,I still have lots to learn from experience. Many thanks go out to Shooter, amc javelin and others on this forum whos knowledge and years experience has helped me tons with this detector.Pretty sure Ihave notes from a few of your posts Ron, As far as tips,ect. from me probably nothing you all dont already know.However I will be glad to share any knowledge I do have with anybody that asks. As far as go-to man, Shooter has great deal of time and experience with this machine. I will tell you that you need to carry more than a hand digger with you when using this machine.

Looks like it has alot of wear for being used only 10 times. It looks to be missing at least the plastic retaining washer on the rear of the battery holder. Whats up?

Digger who got it.

I think Woodchuck is the new owner and I think he got a pretty good deal.

Ron in WV

Woodchuck is the new owner, i have been on vacation for the past week and a half and will return this weekend and at that time i will get with Woodchuck to make arrangements to ship. i will make contact Woodchuck when i get back.

Any chance you can scan the manual?

I have a friend that needs a manual for a 1265X he bought, it came without one.

Thanks

Anyone needs the 1265X manual just send me your E-mail address and I'll shoot it out to you. Been giving them out for years