Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1220-x pro

mr.gumby

just found one for $50 and im unsure how thefrequency shift control works? never saw this option before.

i had one of them back in the 70's.it was a very good detector for its time.the freq shift is just a small ammount to allow you to get away from a detector running close to you on the same freq so you dont get interferance from them.some times eletric lines and the like omit a signal you might be able to get away from.all in all it was a good detector and i found a lot old silver with it.

IT simply changes the output frequency of the transmitter. This is intended on the 1220 to eliminate coupled "crosstalk" from other detectors, when they are close. This is kind of a legacy item from detectings heydey, mostly for use during the competition hunts that were popular back when the 1220 was new. I don't believe organized hunts are as common as they once were, and so it isn't such a "hot" feature nowadays.
However, it still works for this purpose and can be useful.

For common use, it makes little practical difference where the frequency control is set, as it doesn't vary the output by much. It can be of some use when you experience electrical noise interference, however.

Any working, name brand detector in decent shape that can be had for $50 is something you should go for.