Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

12.5" imaging coil question

gtor72

hello all, i got myself another gti 1500 along with the large 12.5 coil, i am having a bit of trouble using it,
I have used garrets for about 6 years starting with a gta550 and a 1350 and this is my second 1500.
Is there a learning curve with this large coil?
I know I am covering more ground but it just doesn't seem to work right, hardly any signals i get with it will repeat.
It is very hard to pinpoint with, just based on my use of all the other garrets this coil just doesn't seem right..
and how does one go about pinpointing a signal that won't repeat?
I have tried twitching, but it doesn't seem to help...
any thoughts? thanks in advance for any thoughts and opinions....Mike

I've never really had any problems with mine on the GTI 2500.:shrug:I seldom use it, though. You might want to try lowering the sensitivity to around 6 or 7. Also, if your working in a trashy/junky area, having several targets under the coil will "confuse" the machine. It's a really great coil. Goes deep and is accurate on sizing for the first six or eight inches. If your signal deos not repeat it is more than likely a trash target. Best of luck to you. Happy Hunting!:)

well said metalhead i too find i dont use the 12.5 coil much becouse i find the 9.5 image coil does a great job. but i have too say the 12.5 image coil seems too become confuseing when in trashy areas with alot of iron ect and you will miss good targets. i myself would use the 12.5 image coil in a plowed field only but even there im sure it would do the same. I'm hopeing too get a smaller coil 4.5 scortch coil i think ? no image though but i will manage for my trash infested sites soon :thumbup: