Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10x5 DD medium coil

I was thinking of getting this as my first coil to replace my stock coil. I always like the DD on the Explorers and feel this would be a good one to get for those schools and parks. What are your thoughts on this?

Thomas

It does make the detector a little unbalanced (front heavy) but is still light enough to swing all day. It is my favorite coil right now because it offers good ground coverage, good depth, and is the easiest big coil (for me) to pinpoint with. I just wish Minelab would offer a bigger 'pro' version.

Not sure what you mean by "medium". If you are referring to the frequency, the elliptcal X-Terra coil only comes in the "higher" 18.75 kHz design. Nothing against the larger sized elliptical coil. But personally, I like my 6-inch DD for parks and yards. JMHO HH Randy

I'm flirting with the idea of purchasing the X-70. The only VLF detectors I have right now are two Tesoro Units, which are great detectors, but do not get the depth I would like to see. I noticed Detector Depot offers a package with the 10x5 elliptical, and I was wondering whether the 6" coil might be the better pick. What kind of depth does it get? I have a SOV with the 8" stock, 12" stock, and 15" WOT, and have had nothing but good experiences. I hunt a lot of parks and ghost towns, so I need a coil that gets between junk, and still gets at least 6" of depth. I have estimated that, in ideal soil conditions, I "generally" get about one inch of depth for each inch of coil diameter. Perhaps I'm just missing the deeper targets?

I'm just starting to feel real comfortable with my X-70 and just the other day added the 6" 7.5KHz. It does a big time job at seperating. This morning I hunted a brand new spot with sensisitivity set at "16" and got 35 coins. One was a quarter at an honest 4" The ground was very wet. This little coil is fast becoming my favorite for junky parks.