Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10x14" EXcelerator II Search Coil For Ace 250

jammed

Still deciding on a MD to start out with......been doing the research and Kellyco is offering the pro 250 package with 2 extra coils, one being 9 x 12" PROformance Search Coil. With the purchase of this package they are offering the 10x14" EXcelerator II Search Coil for $99. My question is is the EXcelerator that much better than the PROformance coil to justify the purchase of the EXcelerator? Thank you for all the knowledge I have gained from just reading this board and Happy Thanksgiving

The Excelerator is a DD coil and is good for mineralized ground. If you don't have that problem then you don't need it. The 12 incher will work fine.

Bill

I'd get that Excelerator coil.:detecting:I did and love it!:thumbup:For $99 it's one heck of a deal. Best of luck to ya' whatever you decide!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

I second that, Metalhead ! It took a little getting used to (pinpointing) but I have found 25 silver coins (18 dimes and 7 quarters) since I slapped that baby on. I don't think I will take it off anytime soon. I hunt in all metal with the sens. on 8. If it starts to chatter too much I turn it down one notch at a time until it stops. It does great in large areas, ballfields, etc... In playgrounds it does ok but you need to turn the sensitivity back down to 3. If you are doing really trashy areas, forget about it. You would probably need the sniper coil. That is the next item on my wishlist along with a pinpointer. If you get the DD coil, expect to dig a lot of bottlecaps that sound like silver quarters. You WILL find deep items though. My deepest quarter was at about 8 to 10 inches. I have found really deep iron and brass hinges at about 1 foot.

Good luck

DS