Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10x12 vaquero coil

butternut

has anyone tried this coil for relic hunting, i am looking for something in this lightweight machine to make it find relics as deep as i find them with my nat.2b I posted earlier and everyone seems to like the 5.75 I have one of those already but it does not find as deep as the factory provided coil. I am a relic hunter in v.a. searching skirmish and camp sites from the war of northern aggression the discriminating ability does not play a factor because I dig all solid signals.Any suggestions would be greatly accepted.

I thought myself about getting the 12 x 10 coil - seems most response's I got back then was that it would cover a little bit more ground, but the depth increase over the stock 9 x 8 is minimal.
So I guess the depth increase is a little bit - not as much as one would expect compared to stock.

I have the 5.75 - and other than stock I would like to have a larger than stock coil for any situation that calls on it, but it needs to make enough difference to make it worth purchasing one.

Hope to see more response to your post.

Maybe I might benefit using the 12 x 10 on one of the other Tesoro machines I have - will have to watch on this one.

I did not respond earlier because I use the Umax coils.

I have a 12X10 uMax concentric coil. It only gets an inch more on coins. But on targets a little larger it goes inches deeper. The larger the target the deeper it seems to go as compared to the stock coil.

It is a very good relic coil.

Don't know about the HOT 12X10 coils like the Vaquero uses.

HH,

is the soil highly mineralized in VA if it is then you would benefit with a wide scan. plus the the wide scan has a wide detection pattern, makes it easier to cover more ground faster and less likely to miss something. a concentric coil has a cone shaped detection pattern and the farther down you go the more narrow the detection field gets. if hunting in open area's a large coil is great not only for a little depth but more for coverage. the concentric are more sensitive to smaller objects but also see more of the ground mineralization. so really coil selection begins with knowing ground conditions, and if field hunting allot or in the bush. thats why a person needs several coils to get it done. hopes this helps.