Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10x12 for cibola. Is it worth it?

rufus3898

I was wondering if it is worth buying the 10x12 coil for the cibola. The stock 9x8 seems to get me about a max of 6 inches on a penny. Even with the 6 inches its just a guess on what the target might be. Does the 10x12 have better depth and accuracy on target identification? Any tips are much appreciated. Thanks.

if i were you i guess i would try making a test bed to really see the difference and if try this to make different depth levels when experimenting try a nickel dime a copper penny then a zinc penny a nail a ring of some sort just to see the differences you should be going a lot deeper than that the only other thing i can think of is the ground balance maybe off as well, if thats the case take a dirt sample send your machine back to tesoro and they will fine tune to your soil cond, the 12 x 10 might help a little but you will lose your smaller stuff, now i own the vaquero and has the manual ground and run the 5.75" coil for coins and can acheive 6" depth for most coins the 12 x 10 is great if your looking for deep items the size of a mason jar lid or something of aquivalent, that's just my opinion anyways

Jerry Ga. said:
You should be going much deeper than 6" on a penny with the stock coil unless you are in really bad ground.
I live in central canada and the ground here is very mild almost no mineralisation. Just doing a gb test on the cibola it does seem to be a little positive. Our pennies here are the same as the u.s. Coppers. I have found several wheats that sound off the same as our old pennies

I bought a 10 x 12 for my Cortes. It air tested the same as the 8 x 9 on a dime and penny, but got 1 inch more on a quarter and half dollar.
Did one search with it, had a lot of ground interference in disc mode. It was heavy too. Sold it.

rufus3898 said:
I was wondering if it is worth buying the 10x12 coil for the cibola. The stock 9x8 seems to get me about a max of 6 inches on a penny. Even with the 6 inches its just a guess on what the target might be. Does the 10x12 have better depth and accuracy on target identification? Any tips are much appreciated. Thanks.

YOu should be doing better than that with the stock coil. the 10X12 is a widescan, Ive got one on my Tejon, works great. I get better depth and better coverage than with the stock coil. Not sure what you mean by target accuracy, but with mine set on iron I can still ID most bottlecaps by the sound.
if you get one remove the coil cover if you can, its a thick one and weighs alot, the coil is much easier to swing without it.

Neil

yes ,,its worth it,,,the other thing you could do is fit a 10 turn pot to your machine instead of the crap 3/4 turn one it has,,its simply not acurate enough,,the 12 x 10 dd coil picks up everything the stock coil does but at around 25% deeper,,its also great on salt wet sand,,finds even clad 10 cent size english coins at around 9/10 inches,,,brilliant,,,,the conversion to your machine you can be found at svens site,,,puddlepirate@earthlink.com ,,,and you can see the full conversion and what you need,,( one thing to remember if your removing the pot from your board you have to crush and then cut the pot free,,you cant cut it free with snips), thissounds horrendous but its dead easy and you will have no trouble removing it,,,incidentaly,the cibola is not the same as the vachero,although they share the same board they have a different chip (i have been informed) as you can swing the cibola faster without depth loss like the vachero and the iron rejection is better,,,i dont know personally but my cibola is totally awesome for depth and recovery speed ,and you can choose what size of iron to reject as the e,d, 180 disc. is very wide at the bottom end,,,try it,and get it converted you wont be dissapointed ,,rgds ,comcat:ukflag: