Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10 Worst, 10 Best

MDMac

Let

10 might be a little too hard for me to think of... let's see:

WORST:
1. Steel mill scrapyard
2. City dump
3. Skeet range (lots of lead shot/brass shotgun-shell butts)

BEST:
1. Colonial trading post
2. Colonial churchyard
3. Colonial schoolyard

Wow! The old city dump (pre-1940's) is the absolute best site I have ever dug. I have found BUNCHES of good stuff there using my MXT and a little 5" Excelerator coil I would have put landfills in the best category. I've also done pretty well in an old railroad yard even though it's saturated with bits and pieces of iron and lead.

And I'd give a lot to get ANYWHERE in France at a WWI battle site, though it would be really dangerous.

Marc

let's see.... the 10 best - 1. fort knox by a wide margin 2. my yard for the first time 3. your yard for the first time 4. a 1700's church where they had a huge drunken party and started throwing money everywhere 5. anywhere but a cemetery 6. that dusky super old foundation we found in the woods 7. a virgin confederate camp/ battlefield 8. anywhere near a legendary treasure site 9. a beach in florida after a big storm 10. here.
let's see...this should be easy. but it's not! the 10 worst - 1. anywhere canslaw is present. bad sign. 2. any nazi concentration camp. 3. an old house site where they had a huge drunken party and started throwing beer cans. 4. to hunt anywhere near a huge group of inquisitive 6 year olds. 5. an artillery proving ground. 6. on active railroad tracks - with headphones on. that's a classic. 7. swampland. 8. anywhere the crime rate is in the double digits 9. an old skeet range or shooting range. 10. night hunting in black clothes on illegal land with 10 cops chasing after you with their 40 hell demon dogs and your're out of breath... and outta luck.
i hope you enjoyed my list, as i'm sure to enjoy yours too. thanks, and hh,

WORST
1- the field behind my house.(its so trashy)
2- The empty lot by my house.( it also is very trashy)
BEST
1- Old gold dredging site.
2- public parks ( because they are fun)
3 ghost towns ( because they are neat.)

Gila Marc, I guess I stand corrected! Chalk it up to still being an overall noob ;)

Gray Ghost, your list had me chuckling...good ones

Dobbie's list made me smack my head for not thinking of them!

10 Worst :
1. Anywhere near a buch of screaming kids
2. shooting range
3. scrap yard
4. recycling plant
5. A hog farm
6. Fish cannery
7. Paper pulp plant
8. The Hood
9.Area 57,LOL
10. Chernobyl

10 Best :
1. Ft Knox,like everyone else
2. Mel Fishers Maritime Museum
3. Port Royal
4. Alexandria Egypt
5. York Village,Cape Naddick
6. Pyramid Of The Sun
7. Allusion Islands
8. Irish Seacoast
9. Virgin CW balltle field
10. Unknown Colonial Village

Worst:
1. Behind the old School I live in..(I have found complete mangled cans.. ALOT of them)
2. Anywhere groups of kids follow me around

Best:
1. Behind the old school I live in..(I think I'm getting the upper hand on those cans)
2. Sand covered tot-lots
3. Abandoned homesteads

dobbie said:
cherokee? you live in a school house?

The school I live in was built circa 1920 and a near as I can tell was actually built in 3 sections. The Main Building was built in 1920 and the gymnasium was built later that year. In the early 1950's an addition was added to expand.[attachment 92592 HomeSchool.jpg]

As near as I can tell the building was used as a school until the late 1980's. After that the gym was used as a community center until the building fell into disrepair. After being vacant a few years the building was converted into 10 apartments.

I have been told that there were actually 2 playgrounds on this site, Before the addition the playground existed on the right side (east) of the main building where the parking lot now lies. After the 1950's it was relocated behind the new addition. Some of the concrete anchors are still evident from the newer play area.

The area behind the building is pretty trashy, whoever mows does just that, he mows everything in front of him. I have found, and are still finding, a huge amount of canslaw, nails and other misc junk. I'm getting through it though. It's good practice.

Worst =

1. Metal scrap yard
2. Mine field

Best=

1. Playboy mansion Chicago (looking for jewelry :surprised:)
2. Playboy mansion LA

cherokee...how in the world did you manage to get of that? what an awesome place to live...im jealouse....:surprised: