Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10' DD 7.5kHz Round Coil

It is a very nice coil and gets great depth, you can expect a good 10"+ with it and being a DD that is good! I have gotten a few crazy deep targets in perfect conditions, 14" and can't explain it on a coin. It also separates trash well, good signals will over ride trash signals usually. HH, Mike

I have this coil marked as my next purchase before Spring gets here.

The coil is 10.5 Tom...The X-70 with the 10.5 DD 7.5 KHz is a perfect match. TomB

I have one on my X-terra 50 and I love it. It is a little heavier than the stock coil.
I think the ID is better on this coil than the stock in my opinion.
I don't think you will be disappointed in this coil if you get one and you
may not want to take it off once you've tried it.
Good luck,
Felix

Bavaria Mike said:
It is a very nice coil and gets great depth, you can expect a good 10"+ with it and being a DD that is good! I have gotten a few crazy deep targets in perfect conditions, 14" and can't explain it on a coin. It also separates trash well, good signals will over ride trash signals usually. HH, Mike

I never mentioned t before on the forum because I figured the nay sayers would call me a liar. I found an 1806 large cent at an easy 14" with this coil. It was so deep and came in at 42 after I dug the plug and it was still in the hole, I figred it had to be a budweiser can.

So, I own or have owned all of the coils for the xterra and the 10.5dd 7.5k is the deepest.

I have the X-70 and would like to get both 10.5" DD's for next year. That 10"+ to 14" coin depth is VERY encouraging with the 10.5" 7.5kHz. That is about the same depth as the Explorer and E-Trac with the stock 11" DD gets. Jack Lange was right when he wrote about the X-Terra 70:

DEPTH
This detector goes as deep as the expensive models (Explorer Quattro Sovereign) in dry beach sand, all soils, but does not go nearly as deep in damp beach sand because of the salt effect. Especially when set in

Glad to see such positive info on this coil. I' new here, and expecting my Minelab 70 next week. I finally sold the nightmare I was using, aka the Fisher F5. I'm trying to decide between the 10" DD 7.5 and the 9" 3 kHz. Does anyone like the 9" 3kHz better? I just find whatever I can get, coins relic, ect. All opinions are appreciated. Android, you say the 10.5" 7.5 is the deepest. Was the 9" 3kHz even close? Thanks everyone.

bobdylan said:
Glad to see such positive info on this coil. I' new here, and expecting my Minelab 70 next week. I finally sold the nightmare I was using, aka the Fisher F5. I'm trying to decide between the 10" DD 7.5 and the 9" 3 kHz. Does anyone like the 9" 3kHz better? I just find whatever I can get, coins relic, ect. All opinions are appreciated. Android, you say the 10.5" 7.5 is the deepest. Was the 9" 3kHz even close? Thanks everyone.

This to me is a good question. I have the 3KHz and was considering buying the 7.5. All things being equal would the 7.5 KHZ go deeper than the 3KHZ

I would prefer the 10.5" DD 7.5 over the 9" 3kHz myself by a wide margin. Almost a full scanning width the 10.5" DD 7.5 but you have to overlap the 9" 3kHz Concentric by about 50% and MUCH slower coverage. You will probably cover ground about 2x faster with the 10.5" DD.

Low 3kHz is appealing for great silver and copper response and depth to avoid iron better but worse on small gold. Even if the 9" 3kHz Concentric is proven to go a little bit deeper it would only be in the very center in a cone shape or more of bowl shape as Randy(Digger) says and you would have to overlap sweeps so much to get that very small advantage in the center, forget it. I will take the DD with FULL scanning width at maximum depth anyday IMHO. Get both of them or if you get only one, get the 10.5" DD 7.5 as first choice for sure.

bobdylan you said, "I finally sold the nightmare I was using, aka the Fisher F5." Briefly what was wrong with the F5 that is so terribly bad?? When I was buying my X-Terra 70 the dealer tried to sell me a F5 but I bought the great X-Terra 70 instead. I wonder if the F75 is a nightmare too?? Thanks.

Well first David, thanks for the info on the 10.5 DD, I just placed an order for one, I owe ya. Now to the Fisher. The interface is great, and it is accurate on dimes and quarters at 2 sometimes 3 inches, but then it is very inaccurate. My biggest complaint is that when any metal, no matter what size, is on the surface, the machine would go into an overload, and you would not know what the heck you were about to pick up. Out of all of my hunting with the F5, I maybe found 3 nickles that registered as a nickle, the rest were pull tabs. This happened at all depths. The ratio was 50:1 it would be a pull tab. This just made me lose confidence in the machine. I know that's part of the game, but still a complaint. In my test garden, I could not recover a planted dime at 4 inches. It would not pick it up. Quarter at 6in. , nothing, nickle at 5in, pull tab. I'm also afraid the stock coil is the only one Fisher is putting out for the F5. I can't wait to go back out to the places I've detected, and see how much I missed. Hope this just reassures you you have made a Very wise decision with the X-Terra 70.
Thanks again

n/t