Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10" DD 7.5 kHz DD Search Coil ???????????????????????

stevecoleccs

Hi All - now the owner of a Xterra -70 I wanted to know if I will see a difference between the stock coin & an 10" DD 7.5 kHz DD Search Coil - mostly coin shooting, Ga area. No Beaches.

In my test garden I typically get an additional 2" with the 10.5DD. I like the stock for trashy areas due to its smaller size, but for relic hunting in a non trashy area, I would go 10.5DD all the way. In a super trashy area, I'm loving my new 6" 7.5 kHz coil. As far as the 10.5 DD goes, It matches my F75 on depth, and surpasses my DFX hands down. My all around favorite machine is the 70. You just can't beat it.

Hi Steve:
Although I am new to the 70 I did get the 10.5 7.5 coil with mine and have used the heck out of it the last week and a half. Everyone in the club I belong to here on the Eastern Shore that owns a 70 really urged me to get it, not only for beach use but for coin as well. Last Saturday the group went to a CW site in Accomac Virginia and those with 70's and the DD did better tan anyone else.

I had trouble with mine on the beach day before yesterday but since found out with help from two forum users that I had the sense set too high. The best way I can describe it is that it cuts through the ground like a knife.

I made myself a test garden a week before it arrived. With clad and copper at 12"'s and I can find exactly where they are.. not even using the pinpoint feature. I can actually find exactly where I have buried the items by not only using a X pattern, but by also using a cross. When I made my garden I put two golf tees pushed flush with the ground on each side of the coins. That is how I can tell I am getting an exact reading. Again, I had some problems in the sand with it, which you say you are not going to do.....but those problems were of MY own doing and I just have to get better at it.

As one of the fellows told me...practice, practice, practice. Don't get your blood pressure up. It does have a learning curve, but the fellows tell me that when you get through that curve you are going to find things others will miss.

Also, when you use the 10.5 watch the threshold. If you have it up too high you might miss a faint signal that could be a great find.

Good Luck in your hunting.

Elf (Albert)

What kind of coin shooting? If you are doing playgrounds you might consider a smaller coil. The 10" DD would give you more ground coverage, gets very good depth and you can expect 10" deep targets or deeper in great conditions like very moist areas. It also finds some very small targets, I can pick up rivet heads the size of a half pea at 6". It weighs a little more but once you get you arm conditioned you can swing it all day. HH, Mike

I had no experience in playgrounds with the 10.5 until today....just got back from two Tot Lots and what Bavaria Mike said I found is so true. I wished I had brought the stock coil. I did find a few pennies and three zipper pulls, but working around the poles that hold the equipment up is a REAL PAIN IN THE A**. The 10.5 not only picks up deep, but wide. Next time I am going to check my bag before I leave to make sure everything is in it.

Elf Albert.

Get a pinpointer if you don't have one. It really helped me today in a soccer field next to the ToT Lot.

No, no, no, do not use a round 10.5" DD on a Tot Lot, especially working around poles and equipment!! That is territory for the 6" HF DD and 6" MF Concentric coils!

Some like the 9" (3kHz) LF Concentric also to knock out iron and foil better in trashy areas. Too bad they do not make a 6" (3kHz) LF DD, Digger(Randy) tried to ask them to make one to no avail.

I think the 10.5" DD 7.5KHzz search coil and the X-70 make for a perfect match. Great depth, area covered and easy pinpointing makes this one great combination. TomB