Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10 by 12 coil on silver u-max

Heeluver

Just got a 10 by 12 coil for my silver u-max is there anyone who uses this coil on their detector? If so how good is it for finding old coins? Thanks for the feedback. Dan

many times to the members of another large forum.

I've probably talked at least a dozen people into this setup.

Let me put it like this--using my Tejon I wouldn't want to compete against another THer using the Silver uMax with 10x12 concentric coil.

I don't know why but for some reason the 10x12 is a killer on the Silver. I don't think it goes this way with the 8x9. Actually I've heard the stock 8 inch round coil is deeper than the web 8x9.

Many times I dug coins down into the 10+ inch depths with this rig.

I used it once at an old school site and pulled an indian cent that my Minelab Sovere GT and Explorer XS couldn't get a beep on.

I sold one of my Silver uMax machines fitted with the 10x12 to a THer in the UK and she just loves it. It works like a dream there too.

I stay with the Tejon mostly because of the ground balance and I love that dual discrimination system. Otherwise I'd still have the Silver rig as my main detector.

Badger

I have a Tesoro Bandito II uMax with the stock brown round 8" coil and the white 8"x9" concentric coil. I find that the stock coil does a pinch better than the 8x9 coil, alittle (and I mean alittle) better depth and seem to have a bit more control, by saying a bit more control I don't really know how to explain it you just have to use both setups to see what I mean. I would love (if I had the $$$) to try a 10x12 coil on my Bandito. How do you think it would do Badger. Thanks! Steve.

SkiWhiz said:
I have a Tesoro Bandito II uMax with the stock brown round 8" coil and the white 8"x9" concentric coil. I find that the stock coil does a pinch better than the 8x9 coil, alittle (and I mean alittle) better depth and seem to have a bit more control, by saying a bit more control I don't really know how to explain it you just have to use both setups to see what I mean. I would love (if I had the $$$) to try a 10x12 coil on my Bandito. How do you think it would do Badger. Thanks! Steve.

Steve I tried the 10x12 concentric on several Silver Sabres and a Bandito but don't recall which Bandito it was.

It worked good on the old Sabres but did the best on the Silver uMax. The Bandito had a problem with a broken control so I sent it back to Tesoro. When it was returned I gave it a short test and then sold it. So I really couldn't say for sure. I guess you'd just have to try it and see.

I owned 3 Silver uMax machines and they do vary in depth. There are some a lot deeper than others. This is probably due to internal adjustments such as balancing the coil to the electronics. In an air test a good Silver uMax with 10x12 coil should get about the same distance as a Tejon.

Badger

I have a silver with 12 x 10 coil and a ladies silver bangle bracelet i found will air test at 16" and quaters around 11" and dimes 9 to 10" but some places where i hunt it i have to cut the sensitivity back because sometimes it will start falsing and also tried this coil on my golden and that did'nt work out very well at all but with the silver this coil makes the depth come alive