Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10.5" DD 18.75 for gold?

pvampire

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone on this forum has tried the 10.5" DD 18.75 coil for prospecting...and if so, does it generally do as well as the 6" or 5x10 elliptical on the same freqency? Does it go deeper? I ordered one but am not sure if it will be useful. I nugget shoot mostly..thanks! ross

The round 10.5" DD HF will definately not find small gold nuggets as good as the 5x10" DD HF. BUT the round 10.5" DD HF will definately go deeper on larger nuggets than the 5x10" DD HF.

Like I said the 5x10" DD HF(sees less ground) will find smaller gold nuggets better and also will handle bad and high mineralization better than the round 10.5" DD HF.

The ONLY advantage of the round 10.5" DD HF is deeper on larger nuggets in bad and high mineralization, but not deeper on small nuggets.

On very low mineralization areas which are very rare in the goldfields the 9" Concentric HF will get the best depth of all the coils on large gold nuggets, BUT it will not handle bad and high mineralization well giving false signals in Prospecting Mode.

DD coils "see" about 70% less ground effect(mineralization) than Concentric coils.

What is the definition of a small or larger nugget in surface area size you may ask? I would say around a minimum of about 1/2"--dime(10c)--penny sized and larger is considered a larger nugget that the round 10.5" DD HF will be have the best depth on of all the coils in bad and high mineralization.

Smaller nuggets than 1/2" are much more common, and there are hundreds more nuggets smaller than 1/2" than bigger than 1/2". Bigger than 1/2" is much more rare. So that is why the 5x10" DD HF is recommended as a first choice coil size for prospecting. Not only for the X-70 and 705, but also for the Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Trac, Fisher Gold Bug-2, and Garrett Scorpion ALL have 5x10" DD's that are recommend as first choice to use for prospecting as they ALL come with a 5x10" DD coil from the factory.

The round 6" DD HF is not good for general detecting on wide open areas and also is more suseptable to ground noise. Hope this helps.

Thanks alot, you answered my questions perfectly! I ordered both coils as where I go I do want to search deeper for larger stuff as well as small gold to, so I'll just switch back and forth between the three depending on where I go. I know theres large gold there too where I go so even though it's rarer I'd like to commit some time to seeing if I can liberate one of the big guys! :) ross.