Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

10.5 Concentric Coil

Indy

I just bought a 10.5 concentric coil for my Silver Umax. Has anyone used this coil ? I know the coil is no longer made. I now have the stock 8" , 9x8 and the 10.5 . Maybe this spring I can do a You Tube video on depth tests with all three coils. Now if I only had the 10x12 :)

I hope you are aware that Silver uMAX is factory tuned to 8" coil, and putting on other size coil requires internal tuning.

I've been using the 9x8 coil for a while now and have had no issues with it. In fact I've found more silver with it then the stock 8".

It's not necessary to have the Silver tuned to the 10.5 coil in order to use it. You might get slightly better results if you sent it in to be tuned and matched, but unless you decide to use that coil for nearly all of your hunting, it isn't worth the trouble. If it seems to perform poorly, then you might consider sending the detector and coil in to be matched.
BB

it should serve you well , I use the 9x8 , 11 DD , 5.75 on my Silver no probs whatsoever , get better depth with the 9x8 over the 8 donut , but dont find theres much diff in the 8 & 5.75 in the trash as far as target serpartion goes both are very good , excellent coverage an depth with the 11DD also can run at full smoke without falsing an handles small iron better and on a umax it aint to heavy for all day use

HH

You can put any size coil on Silver uMAX, it will work, but not to it's full capacity, unless internally tuned eg. bigger coil will not detect as deep as standard coil.

There is only one way to find out. If we get some good weather I'll have to do some depth challenges. I know already my 9x8 will out preform stock 8" just by experiences using both the coils on my Silver Umax. I'm just curious how the 10.5 coil does against the 9x8.