Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1 year with the GTI2500 and THANKS TO ALL FOR THE ADVISE.

GetRdone

One year ago, I asked for everyones advise about the GTI2500, and you all recommended it very highly, glad I took your advise, had a great year, took some learning on my part and seemed to get it down pretty good, have dug a lot of foil and tabs looking for gold but to no availe to date, but did come up with 6 sterling rings and a thimble, also 1877 seated liberty quarter, 1896 morgan dollar, 1912D barber dime, 12 washington quarters, 8 mercury dimes, 7 roosevelt dimes, 1868, 1902, 03, 1880, 1896, and 1907 Indains, 1947D walking liberty, 47 wheats, several tokens and $147.03 in new money, not bad when considering learning how to use a new machine, thanks again for the input, and great hunting next year.:detecting:

That is some impressive finds. Maybe you can get a friend to help post some pictures.:video:

You sure found a lot of silver coins. Thanks for the heads-up. I have read about some people in the past give up after a couple of hours, saying the GTI 2500 doesn't work. :lol: Nothing could be further from the truth.

<center>

What a great list of finds for the first year. You must have some great areas to hunt finding those nice coins. Get some pics and let us see......

Thanks Rosco, but the truth is, I revisited many areas that I and others had beat to death back in the 1980's, one city park, which I along with others, had searched many times, but this time I saw something that stood out like a sore thumb, the outfield of the ball diamond, which I had ignored back in the 80's and after thinking about it didn't remember ever seeing anyone search it, so gave it a try, thats where the walking liberty half dol. and several of the merc's and rosie's came from, just proves to keep a close eye on the areas you do search, also search remote areas and under bushes, as those bushes weren't always there.

Thanks John, but I approached using and learning the GTI, the same as I did with the Old Garrett ADS111, I used in the 80's, dig it all, until you feel your getting the hang of what the machine is trying to tell you (not always right by the graph), only place this hasn't helped so far is wih gold, but then maybe there wasn't any where I hunted.

Thanks, got a printer, scanner and have tried to get it to work correctly, but somewhere it doesn't seem to connect, and I haven't been able to overcome the problem, but at least its not from trying, I think it has a mind of its own.

[quote GetRdone]Thanks, got a printer, scanner and have tried to get it to work correctly, but somewhere it doesn't seem to connect, and I haven't been able to overcome the problem, but at least its not from trying, I think it has a mind of its own.[/quote]

Don't need either a printer or scanner. Just take the photos from your digi camera (you are using one aren't you??) and post them. Size to post if need be and go from there.

PM me if you need any help. Been there done that with all sorts of puter things........

Well Willy it took about 2 months of hunting before I started to get the hang of it, but like its been said many time practice, practice, practice and then try again, but of course as everyone knows it has to be there or you won't find it, right!

I JUST PURCHASED A GTI 2500 FROM A PAWN SHOP AND I GOT A GOOD DEAL,BUT AS I'M SWEEPING ACROSS THE GROUND IT SOUNDS LIKE A TELEPHONE RINGING.I CALLED GARRETT AT GARLAND AND TOLD THEM WHAT IT WAS DOING AND THEY SAID IT SOUNDED LIKE IT NEEDED TO BE UPGRADED FOR MINERALIZATION,ANY WAY THEY GO INTO IT AND REPLACE A CHIP AND ITS READY TO GO.I HAVE AN INVOICE THAT CAME WITH MY DETECTOR DATED 2005 GARRETT TOLD ME THAT THE 05S HAD THE OLDER CHIP THAT WOULD BE REPLACED AND A COMPLETE CHECK UP FOR 50.00.I SENT IT OFF TODAY.SEEMS LIKE ITS BEEN GONE FOR A MONTH ALREADY.SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE HAD A BALL WITH YOURS.GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE.

Thanks BADCO, I think you will enjoy the machine once you get the hang of it, I know I had a top of the line competitors model and there's no comparison, good luck.

I'd trade a few gold rings for that group of silver coins and old pennies. A Morgan Dollar would make my year.

Chris

was my 13th found, first with the GTI, the rest were found with my old ADS111 and before that with an old Garrett Speed King, both were great machines, have been hunting from 1960's to present, except for a few years when everyday life was to demanding.

[quote GetRdone]One year ago, I asked for everyones advise about the GTI2500, and you all recommended it very highly, glad I took your advise, had a great year, took some learning on my part and seemed to get it down pretty good, have dug a lot of foil and tabs looking for gold but to no availe to date, but did come up with 6 sterling rings and a thimble, also 1877 seated liberty quarter, 1896 morgan dollar, 1912D barber dime, 12 washington quarters, 8 mercury dimes, 7 roosevelt dimes, 1868, 1902, 03, 1880, 1896, and 1907 Indains, 1947D walking liberty, 47 wheats, several tokens and $147.03 in new money, not bad when considering learning how to use a new machine, thanks again for the input, and great hunting next year.:detecting:[/quote]

Sounds to me like you GotRdone, all right!