Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1 Silver Quarter

BoobieinPa

It was a rainy day and I am fighting a summer cold, but Harry Neimeyer and I got out today.

Harry used his XLT and dug a bunch of clads plus some Wheaties. I only found one memorial penny and a 1941S silver quarter. :detecting:

I got a LOT of good signals but I still can't understand them as to what the heck they mean. I really need someone to go with me and help me along with the ExpII. :help:

All the reading of the manual just doesn't work as good as someone demonstrating it in person. I still ain't giving up just yet. Even if it takes me all summer. Soon I hope to be as good as the members on here, it will just take a lot of practice to learn the machine.

You need to build a pattern just for Coins. This would help you out big until you get use to these signals, then you can open up the screen to except pulltabs and other items along with the Gold Jewelery. Or just use digital and go by the conduct numbers. This is what I personally use and my posts show how well I do with my Explorer XS.

I am about 45 min., north of Pittsburgh, Pa. It is a small town called New Brighton. We are right near the junction of the Ohio River and the Beaver River. Also about 15 minutes off of Rt# 60 @ the Center Twp. exit.

Perhaps a club member or local could help you out as it will cut down the learning period...I think what you need to do for starters is take a dime, quarter and nickle and run it past the coil many times to get the idea of the tone for the particuliar coin and also where it lands on screen...Do move it farther away from the screen to simulate depth if your after deep coins...I live in N.E. Pa. and the trip would kill me so do look around for a local mentor...

your web site it's obvious that you're no newbie to detecting :)
The true secret to becoming successful with the Explorer is to learn it's language by digging most everything at first.
And like Dan stated, practice on some common coins and note what they sound like and where they hit on the screen. But first and foremost remember that it can't be hunted as fast as a Whites if that's what you are use to using.
I've used Explorers since they were released and it still reminds me every now and then that it's more capable than I am by showing me something NEW and I literally have several thousand hunting hours on it.
Get your tones and all your settings how you like them when practicing over different coins and LEAVE the settings there until the sound clicks in your mind instantly when you hear them without looking at the screen and you'll be amazed at what you'll find while really hunting.
Good Luck & Good Hunting
Mike

Stay with it my brother....you will be glad you did. Remember.....SLOW is where it's at on the sweep speed. You might also think about trying a different coil until you get used to the sounds. I put the Coiltek 8.5" x 11.5 " DD Platypus coil on it,and what a difference that made. Depth was every bit as good, if not better than the stock coil, but the "all over the board" sounds settled down, and my success rate went way up, almost immediately. I might not ever go back to the stock 10.5" coil. :thumbup: