Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1 merc and 2 wheats

I went out by my dad's house next door to me in the dark last night when I got home from work (2nd shift). I found a 1939 Mercury dime and two common date wheaties (1946-D and 1956-D). The Mercury gave a good tone , but the numbers were not on the mark ( I forgot what they read ). When I dug my plug and dug some dirt out of the bottom of the hole I ran my garrett pinpointer through the dirt pile. The first two items I found in the dirt were old .22 casings , and I figured that's what caused the signal. I hit the dirt pile one more time and there was the Mercury dime. Maybe the brass shell casings contaminated my number reading. Old rusty bent nails are still kicking my butt. I get a good sound and numbers , then when I go to pinpoint mode I get nail numbers. I start to think that maybe there is a good target down there that gave me the good tone and numbers , but it always turns out just to be a big rusty nail. I have a hard time passing up a traget when that happens because I'm afraid that I'll miss a good target with the nail. Sorry no pictures of the merc dime and pennies , but I'm at work on lunch break. CoinShooter-Craig