Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1+ discriminate does the trick and good!

christian_99

Carrying on with my experiments and hopefully will get out to dig soon...checked all of the settings on the machine and the best discrimination settings for digging in iron are....(drum roll please...)

Use the 1+ setting with sens at whatever level you can adjust it too, the discrimination between 20 and 34 (be careful if you go higher as you will lose gold).

With this setting I was able to take 3 various shaped square nails as well as a cuff button and hit the button every time and IGNORE the nail. The sound is familiar to that of a Tesoro unit and you can tell it is a rich signal mixed in with the junk. I was able to replicate this many times to where now, if I go into an iron filled site as some of you do, try this mode out and see if your finds increase. I am SURE you will dig some iron BUT...you will also double or triple your finds in those types of places.

I compared the T2 against the Explorer XS and trying to locate the right settings to get good signals in iron and both machines will NOW actually cut butter....I am sorry...cut into the IRON...and find the good signals...but....

You must goooooooooooo slow...

Have a great day and if anyone else has come up with good/best/ better settings for iron please post them.

In my honest and humble opinion....

thanks for all your effort,and work, will give it a go tomorrow ,
cheers John

there are far to many variables in this for my liking cristian ,it depends on what headphones you use ,what there volume is set at (that changes tones as well) and most importantly what the actual users hearing is like .if you have what they call a musical ear it may well work very well for you .if your the wrong side of 60 with a lifetime of job induced hearing damage the answer is a definete no .i will give it a try but i think your way out on this .just my viewpoint

Took the earlier findings out to the field to day to test the setup and very similar results as to that of the Tesoro, you could hear the stronger iron signals bleeding through and I dug many of them, however I am positive that the machine will NOW pick up some of the good finds next to or within the iron.

I may have to dig many square nails to acheive this but its okay, I will just add to my square nail collection and further some more cuff or coat buttons....(with fingers crossed...)

When I did get a signal, I would verify them with some of the other settings and still get mixed mode, at least now- if I get a signal it will either be something very good, or in fact trash....

I will keep you posted on the results...

Hi

I do think that you are heading in the right direction with these settings. Just read what Mr. Thomas Dankowski wrote to me:
"I'll let the cat out of the bag = T-2 Operating Instructions:

92/21/mono/fast-grab (Especially for iron-infested areas)

Place Sens on '92'
Place Disc on '21'
Use only mono-tone (1 tone)
Fast-grab ground balance
DONE!

....And never look back!

I have been using this set-up for over 2 years..... and can not find a better setting. Sometimes I can drive Sens higher,,,,,, sometimes a bit less. Overdriving the Sens is a paradox,,,,,, ...... it's more noisy/unstable, but ascertains greater non-ferrous resolution."

All the best
Roar T
Norway