Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1st nugget I ever found

Allen in MT

Long before I ever got into prospecting I used to do a lot of coin and relic hunting. The 1st use I ever had with a metal detector was in 68 in Nam. Anyway after getting out of the service I got into detecting with a White's and did alot of old homesteads country schools etc. in Eastern Montana. One item that I found was a ladies dress pin that had a gold nugget attached to it. The pin itself was of some sort of base metal that was gold plated and it had a piece or ivory in the center with a scrimshaw of an Eskimo in a kayak and in the center was pinned a little gold nugget.
So I would say that in the early 70's is when I found my first gold nugget.
enjoy and have a good day
Allen in MT

Interesting find, It amazes me what you can find out there. I bet it is one of your favorites in your collecton. I would love to hear the storey it has to tell. chuck

That is a nice story Allen. Cool find too!
BTW thanks for your service in NAM. Not enough men fighting for what is right these days.
HH
MM